The Qualifications Checklist
Only a select group is accepted to the Advice Academy. We hope you’re up for it, and ready to unleash your full potential. Because the only thing greater than the challenge is the reward.
Outstanding candidates have:
- Strong academic performance records and a completed bachelor’s degree prior to your start date at the Academy.
- CFP® Coursework Requirements have been met or are close to being met prior to your start date at the Academy.
- Serious interest in the financial services industry and helping others as a long-term career.
- Clear skills in relationship-building and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent leadership capabilities.
Your Academy Journey
Choose your location: The Schwab Advice Academy has two comprehensive training sites: Indianapolis, IN and Phoenix, AZ
Months 1-6: What to expect
Study for licensing certifications, explore foundational wealth management, financial planning and advice while engaging in service and trading interactions as you learn to serve clients with passion and integrity.
Months 7-12: What to expect
In addition to continued wealth management, planning and advice training, you will become immersed with our planning and advice delivery businesses to apply the knowledge and skills acquired through training.,
Post Academy: Starting your career
Take the first step toward a career in planning & advice at Schwab by moving into a Senior Associate Private Client Advisor role in one of several Schwab locations across the United States. Relocation assistance is provided if the role you desire is outside your Academy location.