Senior React Frontend Developer (Open to Remote EST)
The Cloud Platforms team develops software to automate and manage the infrastructure and services leveraged by TD Ameritrade business applications. In this role you will provide shared services such as authorization, logging, and application configuration management; application SDLC tools and workflows to manage the process from requirements to development, testing and deployment; and automation and inventory to provision the infrastructure itself.
The Senior React Frontend Developer is responsible for full stack, hands-on development of applications and services. As part of this role, you will be expected to participate in system design and work with other team members in the full lifecycle from concept to production. You will serve as an SME on a particular system or application (React Frontend) and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and the needs of the client. This role will mentor and lead junior level developers on specific modules while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies
What you are good at
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Leading moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provides code reviews of various development tasks
- Implementing automated unit and integration tests and ensures the practice is followed consistently
- Participating in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Providing analysis of problems and recommends solutions
What you have
- 5-7+ years of total related experience
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Unix / Linux experience
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Be able to create and articulate design / implementation options and tradeoff to peers, tech leads, and management
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to understand all phases of SDLC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new / emerging technologies as required
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.