Software Development Engineer (hybrid)
Charles Schwab & Co. is adding a Quantative Analyst Developer to the TD Ameritrade thinkorswim Engineering team. The thinkorswim trading application is an industry-leading Active Trader platform (thinkorswim) that drives a significant revenue for TD Ameritrade and Schwab & Co. The thinkorswim application is a large and complex financial platform which encapsulates many financial calculations. This role would focus on these financial calculations done by the thinkorswim platform, including creation of tools to reproduce calculations that can be used for validation and verification of the system and for testing of new changes. The successful candidate would also become an SME in the thinkorswim financial calculations, and how they are implemented in the application.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
- Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation. Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
- Leads complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- A key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions
- Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
- Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
What you have
- Advanced MS Excel Calculations and mathematics skills
- Exposure to financial calculations and/or a passion to learn complex financial calculations
- 5+ years relevant software development experience within a complex enterprise SDLC environment
- 5+ years Java (sdk8+) or J2EE programming experience; Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Experience with application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSF or similar frameworks
- Experience with Unix/Linux and SQL
- Experience with agile methodology
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Financial Industry knowledge/experience
- Financial modeling experience
- Experience in OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real-time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems
- Experience in Test-driven development, concurrency & multi-threading
- Experience in working on large, complex applications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.