Software Development Manager
This delivery owner is responsible for driving performance, resiliency, and scaling work. This entails defining and implementing performance scenarios/experiments while working with the performance QA team to improve the performance environments specifically for the Mobile ecosystem. In addition, they will drive cross-stack initiatives to support the design and implementation of our scaling, recovery time objective, and resiliency initiatives. Finally, this delivery owner will be responsible for supporting builds and automation (testing and deployment). For example, managing the MacMini build machines, developing the process for automated deployments.
What you are good at
- Thinkorswim Mobile Performance, Resiliency, Scaling
- Collaborating with the architecture community and Performance QA
- Design and implementation of load balancing, blue-green, recovery time objective, and other scaling initiatives
- Drive improvements to the performance environment and Implementing performance scenarios to support PROD conditions and ngOMS Orange to Green Migration
- Scalable validation of production deployments
- Build & Automation
- Improvements to our continuous build environments (including maintenance of our MacMini fleet for automated iOS build and testing)
- Changes to support automated deployments for the entire stack – iOS, Android, Mobile Gateway
- Drive development of our test automation framework to 1) improve stability and 2) address the integration needs in our transition to Schwab environment
- Work with Security Champions to adapt our software pipeline to the Schwab requirements
- Fully automate the software release build process
What you have
- Must have Application Development management experience
- Prior experience as an software developer preferred
- 5+ years leading IT organizations in a fast-paced application development environment.
- Experience managing multiple teams with 8+ staff preferred
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of various quality programs/standards (TQM, ISO, Application Security, etc.)
- Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to influence others
- 4 year college degree
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.