Sr Application Support Engineer (DevOps)
The Sr DevOps Engineer (Application Support Engineer) is responsible for ensuring that Schwab & TD Ameritrade’s Cloud Platforms applications operate efficiently and execute successfully to meet client and business needs. This position involves production support, application analysis, and development work focused on the operational characteristics of Schwab & TD Ameritrade applications.
What you are good at
- Implement solutions to all known/documented production incidents
- Define and document resolutions for production incidents
- Implement moderate to high complexity changes that resolve root causes of incidents or enhance operational characteristics (resilience, scalability, etc.) to applications
- Verify accuracy and completeness of documented solutions to production incidents
- Analyze application logic to determine root causes of incidents
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
- Interface with other support groups and associates, providing assistance and guidance as required
- Fulfill requests for system/database updates or queries to support company operations
- Install, maintain, and customize software that is utilized by development and support teams.
- Design and develop in-house built applications and tools that streamline development and support processes.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7+ years related experience
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background in Linux environments
- Linux and/or Python scripting
- Linux server administration
- Agile / DevOps principles
- Preferred Experience:
- Node.js & NPM
- DevOps Tools
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.