401K Licensed Participant Services Associate
As a member of the Participant Services team, you will speak with participants of employer-sponsored retirement plans by phone to provide guidance and solutions. This is a team-based environment as you have one-on-one interactions with employees of Schwab sponsored plans. The Associate will build knowledge and skills with ongoing classroom and hands-on training to become a subject matter authority on retirement products and services. Throughout your time in the role you will:
- Complete a mix of instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job-learning in your first year.
- Grow your knowledge of the financial services industry and Schwab’s unrivaled position.
- Perform in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment representing Schwab in every interaction.
- Consult with participants in retirement plans to identify needs and offer solutions.
- Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a participant’s future.
- Work toward career advancement and development opportunities.
What you are good at
Our goal is that through providing best-in-class service, you are able to earn the trust and dedication of our participants. Some of the unrivaled aspects about this role and the support you receive to achieve this include non-scripted calls and focus on providing you tailored feedback and mentoring. We want you to bring your personality to your calls and invest in your development to help achieve participant satisfaction.
Throughout these conversations you will:
- Educate participants: Engage participants in discussions involving retirement savings and long term investing.
- Provide a compass that points toward doing right by participants at every opportunity to change their future.
- Use investigative skills: Resolve participant issues by using technology and business authorities within Schwab to identify efficient and effective methods to meet client goals.
- Be consultative: Recommend appropriate solutions to participants which align to their goals and promote Schwab growth.
- Build positive relationships: Work in a team based environment with a diverse group of associates focused on meeting the needs of the company and participants.
- Have a defined model of success: Participate in our pay-for-performance culture where employees feel empowered to own their career with a focus on addressing participants’ needs, personalizing each interaction, and valuing participants and their time.
What you have
- Validated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven passion for helping, servicing and educating others; strong client-focus and the desire to form relationships during each interaction
- Superior listening skills and analyzing account information to better understand client needs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- Adopt mentoring and feedback for continuous improvement
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Active and valid Series 7 & 63 license is beneficial but not required
- If you are not licensed and would like to obtain FINRA licenses, we have outlined a path for you to pursue your career interests
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.