Associate - Data and Rep Technology (Dallas, Austin, Denver)
Do you want to be part of a team handling over 120 terabytes of data and building the next generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm? At Schwab, the Data and Rep Technology (DaRT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Sales, Marketing, Finance and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data. We are looking for a Data Warehouse Analyst / ETL Lead with a passion for data and a desire to excel with an amazing team.
This award-winning comprehensive full time role is a part of the nine-month NERD (New Employee Recruitment and Development) program that blends on-the-job experience with an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services for new college graduates. NERDs have a manager, a mentor, a buddy, a coach, and others who are dedicated to their success.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
You will be a developer working with a large team that includes onshore and offshore developers using best-in-class technologies including Teradata, Informatica and Hadoop. You'll be responsible for the design, development and implementation of enterprise data integration solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to grow in responsibility, work on exciting and challenging projects, train on emerging technologies and work with other Developers to set the future of the Data Warehouse. Your detailed duties would include:
- Creating/updating ETL specifications and supporting documentation
- Developing ETL logic utilizing Informatica workflows, scripting and load utilities
- Building and maintaining code for big data ingestion using Talend, Scoop, Hive etc
- Implementing data flow scripts using Unix / Sqoop / Hive QL / Pig scripting
- Designing, building and support data processing pipelines to transform data in Big Data or Teradata platforms
- Developing and executing quality assurance and test scripts
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and use cases
- Problem solving and fixing technical issues
- Working with technical lead and offshore development teams to ensure proper and efficient implementation of requirements
What you have
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of May 2022 or earlier.
- Ability to start full time with the program on September 1, 2022
- Experience with algorithm design
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with data structures
- Understanding of Java or C# development
- Familiarity with Data Engineering, ETL, Hadoop, and MongoDB is a plus
- Database modeling is a plus
- Inventiveness and eagerness to work with experimental technology is a must!
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing Innovation and Experimentation
What you will get out of the program:
- A full time Associate Software Developer position with benefits, paid time off, and all of the other perks of being a Schwabbie!
- Professional Growth - Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience - Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing - Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities - Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching - One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership - Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction - Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.