Client Service Manager, Retirement Business Services
Retirement Business Services (RBS), a division within Schwab Advisor Services, provides trust, custody, trading, and technical services through the Business Trust Division of Charles Schwab Bank, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Retirement Technologies. RBS is growing rapidly by providing retirement plan trust and custody services to Independent Recordkeepers (Recordkeepers), Registered Investment Advisors (Advisors) and Third Party Administrators (TPAs), and leads the industry in servicing retirement plans through intermediary relationships.
Workplace Flexibility Program:We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
The Client Service Manager (CSM) supports a specific group of mid-tier client relationships by ensuring all service levels are met daily. They will be the clients’ primary contact and will act as their advocate internally across multiple business lines and levels of management.
Key functions of the CSM include but are not limited to:
- Act as primary contact for assigned mid-tier independent recordkeeper and third party administrator relationships and associated sophisticated trust and custody accounts.
- Responsible for presenting a professional image of Schwab in all communications.
- Introduce new products and services as well as recommend service improvements
- Proactively educate clients through knowledge sharing and efficiency training with the objective of promoting client retention and growth
- Collaborate with internal partners in delivery of timely and accurate information in response to inquiries and/or service issues
- Meet or exceed established service level standards.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
- Run client expectations by providing ongoing, proactive communication on projects, results, issue resolution, and other substantive items
- Handle client issues by working and communicating effectively with the appropriate internal resources to identify the root cause, resolution, and alternatives
What you have
- 2+ years of experience with qualified retirement plans within the financial industry preferred or experience with employee benefit plans providing trust/custody or recordkeeping services
- Understanding of rules governing qualified retirement plans
- Solid understanding of ERISA and regulatory environment governing retirement accounts preferred
- Excellent client service and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with ability to coordinate, prioritize, and work with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle sophisticated work, be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business
- Positive demeanor, team orientation, passion, integrity and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to plan and lead client meetings in a professional, consultative and effective manner
- Capable of working well with diverse groups and individuals and willingness to assist where needed
- Ability to multi-task, actively listen, assess client needs, research information, and provide clients with outside of the box” options
- Ability to apply several different applications at one time, including Windows, internet research, database systems, and email
- Proficiency with MS Office technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SalesForce and trust accounting systems, such as SEI is a plus .
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.