Financial Consultant, Schwab Financial Solutions Branch
The Centralized Relationships Solutions team (CRST) is part of the Investor Services Branch Network organization and is primarily responsible for serving clients across various client segments and through both dedicated and team-based relationship models. The Schwab Financial Solutions Branch, within CRST, is a high-scale relationship model responsible for serving Mass Affluent investors.
This extension of the Branch Network will work closely with our new and existing Mass Affluent clients to deepen engagement, building trust and providing investment solutions and tools for today’s markets. The Financial Solutions Branch will partner closely with a wide range of departments and partners, including the local branches, to ensure these clients get the most out of their relationship with Schwab.
Through a blend of human and digital touchpoints, Financial Consultants in the Financial Solutions Branch are tasked with driving engagement, nurturing relationships, and gaining long term client loyalty in working with Schwab’s mass affluent client base. Through engagement, you will support client outreach, client retention, and improve overall client satisfaction as you position yourself to be a key resource in helping clients in finding financial success.
What you are good at
As a Financial Consultant in the Financial Solutions Branch, you will advocate on behalf of your clients by listening and discovering what is most important to them, understanding who they are, and then collaborating with a team of internal specialists to help clients fulfill their financial goals. You will confidently provide wealth management recommendations, advisory guidance, and will discuss timely and relevant topics to drive meaningful outcomes for your clients. Finally, you will grow and retain your practice by responding your clients needs, supporting asset consolidation, and continue to partner alongside your clients as you help guide them through their financial journey.
Your typical day would include client outreach, planning and advice discussions, virtual client presentations, discussions of market trends, collaborating with business partners, sharing of best practices within your branch, and additional client engagement driven by digital enhancements to the Schwab platform.
When meeting with clients you will:
- Be Curious and Consultative: Discover all you can about your clients, see things through their eyes, and then review and recommend appropriate solutions to help them stay on track with their financial goals.
- Be a Trusted Advisor: Build strong relationships, engage and encourage trust, and deepen the client relationship by utilizing a focused client communication strategy, and exceeding client expectations.
- Have a Defined Process: Demonstrate your ability to utilize technology and deliver appropriate advice and solutions through a repeatable sales process that focuses on addressing clients’ needs.
- Use your Team and Ability to Influence: Leverage our team of Schwab specialists, Schwab advice guidelines, your knowledge of the markets, and your ability to inspire action to help your client’s progress toward achieving their goals.
- Be a Challenger: Partner with and Educate Clients. Share and engage clients in discussion around market conditions, sound investing principles, and the ideal wealth and long-term investment strategies for their personal situation.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a collaborative team with a supportive manager focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations.
- Learn from a variety of mentors, coaches and leaders that are focused on you and your career at Schwab
- Demonstrate a strong passion for planning, understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients.
- Provide investment education to our clients to empower them to make well-informed financial decisions
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute our strategy. Essential skills include:
- Active FINRA Series 7
- Active FINRA Series 66 (63/65) license and Life & Health Insurance
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of financial experience
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter mentality
- Polished and persuasive interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills
- Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems
- Open to ongoing coaching and development to achieve positive client outcomes and career aspirations
- Strong time management skills and productivity; ability to successfully balance competing priorities
- Learning mentality, as you gain an understanding of all the products and services at Schwab
- Extensive Schwab network to best address client concerns
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.