Internship - 2023 Charles Schwab Data Engineering
Are you interested in helping Schwab make better decisions using the power of data? Schwab’s Data Engineering (DE) internship offers candidates the opportunity to work side by side with some of the financial services industry’s best data minds. Data professionals at Schwab spend their days defining the strategy and implementation of our enterprise data warehouse and our emerging data platforms. Our team, and our interns, play a key role in helping Sales, Marketing, Finance, and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data. This track offers opportunities in Data Analysis and Data Engineering.
What you are good at
Example Data Engineering tasks:
- Create and update data pipeline specifications and / or designing data pipeline logic.
- Build and maintain code for big data ingestion.
- Identify opportunities to leverage company data to drive business outcomes.
- Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks.
What you have
- Interest in data analysis or designing and building data pipelines to move data.
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design.
- Understanding of Java or C# development.
- Familiarity with Data Engineering, ETL, Hadoop, and MongoDB is a plus.
- Database modeling knowledge is a plus.
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good analytical problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities.
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing innovation and experimentation.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of December 2023-May/June 2024
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.