Java Software Engineer IV
At Schwab, we aim to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We design innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Sound like a team you’d like to be a part of? Let’s connect! We have opportunities for full stack, front-end-focused, and back-end focused engineers.
What you are good at
- Evaluates complex user requests, projects, and clarifies objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs
- Improves/sustains embedded system software using specialized domain knowledge and developed business expertise
- Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new applications and/or existing ones and makes decisions within general parameters under little supervision
- Demonstrates standards to deliver high-quality products and services; Models adherence to quality standards for more junior employees
- Helps drive process and manage projects
- Solves highly complex problems and is able to identify viable and often innovative options, and uses analytical skills and judgment to recommend an appropriate solution
What you have
Advanced technical skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering OR related degree and/or practical experience
- Advanced .Net web and service development skills, typically built through 5+ years of applicable experience developing in Java/Spring
- Professional experience developing responsive designs and single page applications
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance for high volume pages
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
Advanced people skills:
- Collaborates daily with customers, peers, account leaders and external and internal partners
- Typically interacts with high-level individual contributors, managers, and interfaces with clients regularly
- Capable of Leading multiple projects requiring cross-team collaboration and external collaboration
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with frameworks such as Java, Java Core, Spring, Springboot
- Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
At Schwab, the Software Developer career path begins with Software Developer I. From there the growth path leads to Software Developer II, III, IV and Senior. Senior developers have two career growth opportunities which include technical leadership or solution architecture roles.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.