Manager, Document Services
Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. (SRPS), an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is one of the leading providers of bundled retirement plan services. Schwab offers full-service retirement plans featuring complete retirement services from a single source. Schwab’s combined expertise in recordkeeping and related services, investment choice and award-winning participant experience and education (including retirement plan advice) and high-end technology helps employers offer competitive employee benefits.
Within SRPS, the Plan Administration & Implementation team is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate servicing for 1000+ plan sponsor clients and 1.3 million participants. The Document Services team is responsible for administering qualified defined contribution plans, providing document and consulting services for plans converting to SRPS and maintaining documents for clients who utilize an SRPS prepared pre-approved plan document. All members of the group partner closely with Relationship Management teams to assist with client inquiries.
What you are good at
The position is Manager in our Defined Contribution Compliance and Documentation group in either the Richfield, OH or Austin, TX office. Documentation responsibilities include preparing and reviewing SRPS services agreements and amendments, creating amendment templates and processes working with legal and internal teams, and serving as subject matter expert on project teams for business initiatives and product development.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Draft legal documents including Services Agreements, Services Agreement Amendments, Letters of Direction, Administrative Policies, Plan Amendments, Plan Synopsis and Summary Plan Description.
- Create, maintain and version document templates and develop process and procedures
- Preparation and testing of documents using HotDocs
- Plan merger and spin-off activity including comparison of acquired company plan documents to buyer’s plan documents for protected benefits and preparation of associated resolutions and amendments
- Participate in IRS required restatement process by mapping documents, consulting with clients and preparing determination letter filings
- Proven background in the qualification of domestic relations orders, VCP filings, Safe Harbor, Automatic Enrollment and QDIA notices
- Provide assistance to internal partners by researching requests and answering questions
- Work through assigned queue in accordance with service level standards
- Lead or assist in project work, as assigned
- Serve as a mentor and resource for less experienced staff and provide peer review oversight of their work
- Lead efforts to improve, develop and implement training programs/procedures
- Additional departmental project leadership responsibilities and opportunities
What you have
The incumbent should have 8+ years’ experience working in an operational and consultative role in the retirement plan services industry with an emphasis on preparation of legal documents, Internal Revenue Code and Department of Labor regulations. ASPPA credentials, ERPA designation, or legal background preferred. The incumbent must demonstrate a strong commitment to the highest level of customer experience and:
The candidate capabilities include:
- A continuous improvement mindset and experience to increase efficiency and mitigate process risk
- Evidence of client focus with demonstrated knowledge of plan sponsor needs and competitor products
- Prior conversion, client management, project management, document drafting and/or operational experience preferred
- Proven ability to be highly collaborative and work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities
- Basic knowledge of mergers, acquisitions, and protected benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize data and develop recommendations
- Results-oriented approach to business and demonstrated success meeting stringent deadlines
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.