You will work closely with Technical leads and Product Owners to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex Digital Services Technology team. This team leads the systems and platforms that send all email, push, SMS, and other omni-channel messages and communications to Schwab’s valued clients. You will be a key contributor of extending the excellence of Schwab’s core digital platforms and experiences, providing Schwab’s clients and advisors with key digital capabilities. Schwab pushes the boundaries of digital service and digital excellence and these teams are at the forefront of creating and delivering these capabilities.
This opportunity will be part of a larger group called Cross Enterprise Services (CES) which is focused on delivering consistent, enterprise quality and highly performant shared services for all of Schwab’s systems as building blocks for outstanding end-user experiences. CES offers a wide range of technology opportunities for great people to grow and demonstrate their skills.
What you are good at
- Design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology for Digital Services Technology applications
- Create artifacts for each project such as API documentation, Technical Use Cases, design documentation
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interacting with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting organizations and business groups
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related practical experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- 2+ years of real world experience in C#.Net
- 2+ years of experience building REST services that support high volume transactions in highly available environments
- Experience building cloud-ready applications (AWS, Azure, GCF, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or similar cloud infrastructure)
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience with either SQL or NoSQL solutions. (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to review requirements, translate these requirements into a design, implement and fully test this design; testing experience should include all aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Experience with continuous build process using Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git, or similar tools is preferred
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.