.NET Software Engineer III
What you are good at
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to define strategy and scope of software requirements (decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks)
- Deliver new concepts and features, working alongside development peers in an agile environment
- Serve as an informal leader: leading code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Partner with scrum master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve the highest quality in software delivery
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
What you have
- Technical skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering OR related degree and/or practical experience
- Professional level .Net web and service development skills, typically built through 3-5 years of applicable experience developing in .Net/C#
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
- Strong people skills:
- Ability to participate in collaborative application and platform architecture design sessions
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Effective relationship builder: ability to partner cross-functionally and work effectively with various levels and functions within an organization
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core
- Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NoSQL databases, MongoDB and/or SQL is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems
At Schwab, the Software Developer career path begins with Software Developer I. From there the growth path leads to Software Developer II, III, IV and Senior. Senior developers have two career growth opportunities which include technical leadership or solution architecture roles.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.