Retirement Advice Consultant
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through outstanding service, technology, products, people and advice.
What you are good at
The Advice Consultant will work with new and existing retirement plan services participants to provide them with the appropriate guidance to assist them in meeting their retirement goals. Candidate must be able to explain in detail the pros and cons of various financial strategies, investment vehicles, including portfolio/asset allocation. Consultant will also need to position Schwab as a full service provider of financial services to participants for their needs outside of their company sponsored retirement plan. The position requires attention to detail to include administrative areas such as recording metrics, compliance, and timely filing of reports.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience demonstrating a basic understanding of ERISA, pension/trust compliance, DC and DB plans
- Prefer 3+ years of successful experience in Qualified Retirement Plans, Financial Planning, Employee Benefits or equivalent experience in a Financial Services role
- Series 7 & 66 licenses required and additional professional designation from the college for financial planning required within one year of joining the team
- Proven ability to influence without using authority
- Must be open to new insights in order to support the continuous evolution of the Participant Services Advice team and the Schwab organization as a whole
- Flexibility and the ability to shift gears and embrace new ideas and team needs are critical to success
- High achievement orientation measuring success through quantitative results
- Articulate communicator with good listening skill
- Presents well on the phone and in meetings
- Sociable, outgoing, and engaging
- Passion about our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity to make a contribution and help others succeed
- Excellent time management skills in completing advice consultations, meeting preparation and wrap-up within the allotted and appropriate timeframe
- Able to collaborate and work effectively with other functions within Schwab to meet Plan Sponsor and Participant need
- Active eager learner able to quickly establish personal credibility
- Quickly learns from experience and translates learning into new behavior and approaches
- Demonstrates good judgment and knows when to utilize resources to accomplish tasks
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English communicator, preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.