The Digital Utilities Technology team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Digital Messaging Technology teams. This position will be part of the digital transformation of Schwab’s Digital Messaging systems that send all email, push, SMS, and other omni-channel messages and communications to Schwab’s valued clients and prospects.
What you are good at
- Above all else you’re an engineer and a full stack tester (Data-Services-UI). You solve problems through automation. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the project.
- Be a hands-on advocate and leader for Test Automation, drive continuous integration and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy.
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort.
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results.
- Keep automation current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework.
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities.
- You delight in leading your fellow engineers in writing effective tests and constantly challenge yourself to improve overall test coverage.
- You know how to create your own REST services (in any language) and are familiar with parsing JSON and XML.
- You have phenomenal organizational skills and are confident in your ability to deliver test metric visibility to stakeholders.
- You have worked in an Agile environment in the past. Iterative test development and working as part of a distributed engineering team present an exciting opportunity for you.
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re able to grasp difficult concepts and complex designs and stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4-6 years of strong, demonstrable experience of hands on application programming. and/or test automation / framework experience in an Agile development environment.
- 4-6 years of experience developing software applications using C# or Java programming languages.
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL statements and non-sql.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud Computing technologies (AWS, PCF etc.)
- Full proficiency with testing RESTful web services using Postman.
- Experience working in CI/CD environment (Bitbucket/Bamboo)
- Comfort with the full Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Bitbucket)
- Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable.
- Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process is essential.
- Exposure in BDD,TDD or ATDD design techniques.
- Exposure To performance Engineering and scalability testing.
- Exposure to different Test data management techniques and tools.
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work.
- Ability to effectively persuade, negotiate and influence all levels of staff; excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies and able to provide direction to test teams.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.