Senior Product Owner - Digital Advisor Solutions
Digital Advisor Solutions is a group within Digital Services that leads B2B technology strategy and delivery for registered investment advisory firms. Schwab is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered investment advisory firms. Schwab provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab serves approximately 7,500 registered independent advisor businesses (RIAs). Our RIA clients manage over $1 trillion of assets in over 3 million accounts at Schwab.
What you are good at
As a Senior Manager Product Owner on this team, you will be a part of the design and build of our future platform to support independent advisors and their clients to Schwab’s custody platform. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Collaborates with PM and Dev leaders to craft, architect and assemble effective products for Agile delivery teams.
- Contribute to key Agile ceremonies: Program Increment (PI) Planning / Big Room Planning; System Demo; Inspect and Adapt (I&A), etc.
- Define, manage, and execute the product roadmap
- Collaborate and work closely with business stakeholders, product designers and engineering team members to define and collect requirements
- Create detailed product feature specifications to hand over to the development team
- Manage the product development backlog and ensure sprints are maintained
- Gain a deep understanding of client pain points, needs and their journey to partner with product and design in building an industry-leading experience
- Assess competitive environment, industry trends, current state strengths and gaps, as well as user needs to assess and prioritize new opportunities
- Advocate for a data-oriented approach to technology development, ensuring teams build products that deliver insights and learn from those insights on an ongoing basis
- Conduct analyses on business impact through the lens of Key Business Indicators
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, including: Support Teams, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Supervision, and Compliance, to drive initiatives forward and launch new features into market, at scale
What you have
- 7+ years of strategy, product management, or client experience
- Analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to synthesize data into insights, make recommendations and create a plan to deliver product strategies
- Experience in successfully gathering insights and understanding client needs, attitudes and emotions to design and/or position products and services
- Ability to make significant progress with minimal direction
- Leadership and relationship-building skills, including ability to influence and build consensus across all levels of the organization
- Ability to make decisions and progress in the face of ambiguity
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to successfully implement strategic ideas
- Ability to make significant progress with minimal direction and in the face of ambiguity
- A ‘can do’, results-oriented approach to business
- Attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including effectively creating highly effective PowerPoint presentations and presenting to senior leadership
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.