Senior Public Cloud DevOps Engineer
This position can be telecommute.
In Cloud Delivery and Engineering (CDE), we provide private and public cloud services combined with full scale operations capabilities. This enables the firm to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes with high availability, scalability and compliance. Automation is key to providing development teams a broad range of services with speed, consistency, and reliability. We ensure that the developer is successful in deploying to production with full compliance and overall success. As an advocate for thousands of Schwab developers, we facilitate internal awareness on new services, changes, training programs, and partner on resolution during production incidents.
We are hiring for multiple Cloud Engineers at various experience levels. The Cloud Engineer is responsible for the engineering of pipelines, environments, monitoring and management that give teams the ability to onboard to the cloud in a seamless and rational way.
What you are good at
- Design and build automation in support of application team provisioning needs.
- Design and build solutions in support of IaaS image lifecycle management.
- Design and build full lifecycle container automation solutions.
- Work with application team to implement cloud-based solutions.
- Assist application teams in on-boarding to our Public Cloud environments
- Troubleshoot failures in automation processes.
What you have
- You are smart and get things done.
- Strong experience with one or more of GCP, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code orchestration and automation (Terraform)
- Knowledge of latest Cloud Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines.
- Knowledge of logging and performance monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.