Sr Software Development Engineer
Core Technology Solution (CTS) Cross Initiative Implementation team is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining applications within Schwab’s primary Core Services. Our vision is to champion innovation and optimal technology enabled business capabilities.
CTS is looking for a talented technologist to lead initiatives that cross Core Technology Solution department boundaries and vary in nature. This is an opportunity to work on the next generation of Services and be a part of a cutting edge team respected for their products, services and client satisfaction. The engineer will also support Architecture governance, Chief of Staff and Operations Review processes.
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will need to be a self-starter who partners well with others. This role is all about getting the job done, so you have a can/will do mentality about all tasks associated with getting phenomenal code out the door. You prioritize mentoring your teammates and you ask for help when needed. At Schwab, we understand that a highly collaborative environment allows for being wrong sometimes as part of growing and building trust together. As a Schwabbie, you listen to others with an open mind, foster diverse inputs, and respectfully convey your thoughts and opinions in pursuit of our collective goals. The environment consists of one or more of the following technologies: Windows, SQL Server, Aerospike, MongoDB, .NET, Rabbit MQ, IBM WebSphere, PCF, Linux, and Oracle.
What you are good at
- Partner with business and technology teams across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
- Understand, advocate and augment the platform principles, guidelines and standards. Align with application development and ensure standards and quality are met.
- Develop solution architecture designs aligned with the platform strategy.
- Drive development, data, and security operational maturity of applications.
- Partner with Operations to ensure implementations meet readiness criteria, application health in production, and a positive customer experience supporting Trading business.
- Work closely with the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
- Access and advocate for continuously improving efficiency, innovation and delivery agility.
- Assist with the talent acquisition by performing candidate screening for key technical roles
What you have
- BS or MS in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications, or operations
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns; database principles
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks
- Knowledge of financial and trading business is a plus
- Experience with Control-M and the Atlassian suite(JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo), GITHUB is a Plus
- 5+ years of full stack application development experience focusing on the following technologies: C#, C+, JAVA, REACT, Angular JS, Python, .NET
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.