Senior Specialist QA Engineer
The Balance Position & Inquiry (BPI ) team is responsible for building applications for financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more. AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you are good at
- Establishing QA strategy and best practices to support continuous development and integration
- Identifying appropriate testing tools
- Developing, maintaining and executing manual and automated test suites and reporting test results
- Gaining in-depth business knowledge to understand business needs and utilize the knowledge to identify testing priorities based on scenario risk levels
- Holding and facilitating automation and test case reviews with Agile team members
- Ensuring that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Leading the tracking, prioritization and communication of defects
- Implementing test practices, standards, and processes
- Establishing fact-based measures of test efficiency, effectiveness, and product readiness
- Estimating, coordinating, directing testing for multiple products/projects
- Providing technical support and maintenance of existing systems
- Updating management on QA-related status on projects and overall QA strategy rollout
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in systems development life cycle, with strong knowledge of QA procedures and methodologies and automated testing
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining test automation frameworks and delivery of highly complex projects within the Agile framework
- Experience with test data management
- Extensive experience in managing and delivering key test artifacts and maintain the documentation up to date using tools Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence)
- Experience building and managing an automation suite with tools such as Cucumber
- Experience testing API’s and building automation test suits. Ability to parse nested JSON/ XML.
- Experience working on databases like SQL Server
- Lead and Support in End-to-End testing working with various teams for complex projects.
- Works well with developers to design/analyze alternative technical solutions, test completed code and complete a smooth implementation with the business partners
- Proficient analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Background and understanding of and message queues and data delivery technologies
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Working experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- Knowledge in using Control M
- Experience writing complicated SQL statements and PL/SQL code to test data flow and perform data analysis
- Experience with financial services
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.