Senior Team Manager, Software Development & Engineering
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented Senior Manager who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. The leader will be responsible to collaborate with business, operations, and technology partners to deliver the systems integration and process improvement needs for Digital Account Onboarding system. The leader will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the team along with recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology and business partners’ needs. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for setting up development best practices, processes and tools to ensure high priority risk detection initiatives are completed with a sense of urgency. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader who can lead multiple parallel initiatives – big and small - with attention to detail, manage business partner expectation and is passionate about microservices & service integration technologies.
This position will be part of Digital Advisor Onboarding at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you are good at
- Lead technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage follow and support agile software development practices.
- Ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others, lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals.
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, and ultimately to Production.
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages.
- Meet periodically with developers to review and improve Operational efficiency, Observability, code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Drive engineering best practices and DORA metrics including but not limited to CI/CD, Deployment frequencies, Time to recovery, Change failure rate etc.
- Drive API first mindset and API as a product-based approach with team(s)
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
- Superior intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills to explore what problems need to be solved, identify and analyze key insights, and ﬁnd creative solutions
- Superior listening skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide hands-on technical coding and mentoring when necessary (a plus)
What you have
- 8+ years of application management/leadership experience with at least 4-6 years of distributed software development experience
- 10+ years of solid experience in C#/.Net and Application development.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Deep understanding of SDLC, agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Exceptional experience in building enterprise scale web solutions based upon n-tier architecture using open-source technologies (Angular / React), Microsoft Web API, and SQL / No-SQL Databases.
- Working knowledge of cloud frameworks & design patterns such as Micro-services, Micro-UI, 12-factor design, OOD etc.
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards, Guidelines and SOLID principles
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management.
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience to build and sustain high performing team.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building cloud based solutions such as Azure, AWS or PCF
- Experience building solutions with mobile (Android, IOS) components
- Experience with continuous Integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with a scaled agile framework such as SAFe or LeSS
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.