The Retail Web Technology (RWT) organization leads a coordinated technology approach to continually improve Schwab’s primary retail digital platform. Our team is seeking a talented Principal Software Architect, who embraces being technical leader and has a real passion for using state of the art web technologies to build compelling interactive web applications. Our mission is to build robust solutions that achieve measurable value, which empower our clients, in a fun and engaging environment. In RWT, we strive to embody Schwab’s Through Clients' Eyes strategy through our people and creative solutions.
What you are good at
As our Principal Software Architect, you will need to be a self-starter who partners well with others. This role is all about getting the job done, so you have a can/will do mentality about all tasks associated with getting phenomenal code out the door. You prioritize mentoring your teammates and you ask for help when needed. At Schwab, we understand that a highly collaborative environment allows for being wrong sometimes as part of growing and building trust together. As a Schwabbie, you listen to others with an open mind, foster diverse inputs, and respectfully convey your thoughts and opinions in pursuit of our collective goals.
What you have
- You possess an exacting attention to detail and the talent and enthusiasm for producing highly usable and scalable web software solutions using advanced development technologies
- You are a proven communicator with technology and business partners at various levels
- You are comfortable solving problems in a dynamic customer-focused team environment that uses the newest technologies and techniques
- You are experienced building high performance, scalable, mission-critical, and secure systems in a cloud environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science OR related practical experience
- 5+ years of Technical Lead/Architect experience
- Deep experence in architecting distributed systems
- Deep understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, GCP, or PCF
- Familiarity with unit testing patterns (TDD/BDD) and methodologies
- Application performance evaluation and tuning skills
- Experience in a large-scale, critical customer facing environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Experience Angular and TypeScript
- Working knowledge of C# and .NET Core development
- Proficiency in creating and consuming RESTful services
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks (e.g., OAuth 2, SAML, JWT)
- Understanding of Agile software development principles, including experience participating in a Scrum-based delivery team
- Web Accessibility experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.