Software Developer III - Performance Engineering
We are looking for a Performance Engineer who is passionate about automation and process improvement. Retail Web Technology builds and maintains client facing technology solutions. We are looking for a Performance Engineer to support a wide range of improvements to performance engineering processes, including production monitoring and DevOps practices in support of various development teams. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise
What you are good at
- Work with Build/Run teams to build highly-available and scalable performance testing solutions leveraging platform infrastructure with appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms in place.
- Engineer performance testing into the agile scrum certification process and establish service level agreements for RWT infrastructure, agent deployments, including optimizations and tuning's per requirements.
- Provide guidance for application/operational teams to setup policies, alerts, dashboards and custom configuration to get full visibility into their entire environment.
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- The ideal candidate will contribute to Schwab’s journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our software development practices.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments. Develop and maintain performance scripts.
- Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members.
- Work with Team Leads, Architects, and Developers across the organization to proactively monitor application performance and ensure new features align to application SLAs.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Excellent judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Knowledge with Monitoring of large scale applications, .NET and database applications.
- Solid systems administration understanding (UNIX, Linux or Windows)
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years or more in depth of Build, Deploy, Configuration, and Release Management discipline and processes.
- Experience with Microsoft VSTS, Parasoft LOADTest, Jmeter, Karate or other industry leading toolsets for performance and load testing.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence).
- Experience with deployment patterns which reduce deployment risk, such as Canary and Blue-Green.
- Experience in Cloud Foundry or AWS or relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Saltstack is a plus.
- Experience with code scanning tools such as Vericode and SonarQube.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace Synthetic, ThousandEyes and Geneos.
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to branching strategies and code promotion.
- Understanding of testing frameworks and reporting tools.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.