Software Developer IV
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software developer who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. The Software Developer .Net Engineer will be a hands-on developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and Agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. You will be part of the Online Security Technologies team that designs, develops and supports mission-critical Authentication platform.
What you are good at
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team.
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support Agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA, and Technology Operations to ensure high-quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test-driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Assist Scrum Master in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
What you have
- You should possess a keen desire and passion to produce usable and scalable software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will designing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development.
- BS/BA/MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5+ years’ of software development experience, 1+ year’s leading Jr. developers.
- Proficient building server-side applications utilizing C# and .Net Technologies. Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment.
- Strong experience developing/managing solutions using NoSQL Databases.
- Strong experience developing/managing application on Cloud environments.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Experience with online security for user authentication, a plus
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Experience providing guidance, direction to the junior members of the team
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.