Software Developer Lead
We are looking for a talented Lead Software Development Engineer to join our Mobile Technology Organization. This is an opportunity to work on the next generation of Middleware Services and to be part of a cutting-edge team that is respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support. You'll be a part of Schwab's Client Experience Team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy for Mobile, Web, Services and Cloud.
What you are good at
- Analysis, design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and deployment of Mobile Middleware applications built on Microsoft .NET and .NET Core technologies.
- Ensure the delivery of data via REST APIs hosted on the Shared .NET Platform and Private Cloud
- Deliver enhancements to applications built using ASP.NET Web API and ASP.NET Core based on RESTful architecture that cater to iOS and Android Native Applications.
- Utilize tools such as Splunk to monitor the systems and ensure they are stable and reliable.
- Contribute to performance analysis, security improvements and overall improvement of user experience.
- Assist in leading the development Scrum team on technical execution.
- Participate in the quality analysis process to reduce the incidence of errors in the mobile applications. Mentor new team members.
- Work closely with our Business partners to identify and define business and technical requirements.
- Design, development and implementation of RESTful web services.
- Ensure timely delivery of technical, project and release deliverables
- As a technical lead on the Team you will provide guidance and support to more junior team members and help to grow the team’s abilities
- Self-directed and able to work with a distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- The candidate will also be expected to monitor production support queues, troubleshoot production issues as well as help identify opportunities for process improvement.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technology and business.
- Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have
- Bachelors in engineering or relevant field is required.
- 8+ years of experience in successfully designing and deploying enterprise level multi-threaded applications with C# and .NET. Strong focus in Object-Oriented application design & patterns.
- Experience in ASP.NET Web API, LINQ, Async/Await, WCF, XML, REST, JSON, .NET Core.
- Develop Mobile middleware applications with Microsoft .NET technology using C#
- Hands on with Bit bucket, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence tools
- Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
- Experience in SOA, SaaS, REST/Web Services architectures and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development.
- Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services
- Experience with .NET Open Source Technologies (NuGet, Unity, Common Logging) is a plus
- Experience in Agile Scrum development methodology
- Ability to quickly master new technologies w/ creative problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Preferable experience in Micro service design patterns, API Gateways and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Public Cloud Platforms such as AWS and GCP is preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.