Software Quality Engineer
We are looking for a highly experienced QA Engineer with Test Project Management and QA Lead experience.
What you are good at
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
- Ensure automation is persistent and current, reporting on failures promptly; escalating as needed.
- Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
- Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
- Define and execute both the project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/Scripts which span across multiple, internal QA Product Teams.
- Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to management.
- Coordinate test execution with external vendors, as applicable.
- Research, investigate, implement and train other QA Testing Resources in the areas of Agile Testing Practices, Test Driven Development, Testing Automation and managing Testing Metrics for publication.
- Accountable for project/product-based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts).
- Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues, provide the QA perspective, status reporting and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as insure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed.
- Work with assigned Product Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
- Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Lead/organize a team of onshore/offshore QA/QA automation engineers/testers on differing projects.
What you have
- BS/BA degree in computer science or related field
5+ years of demonstrated experience with test automation in web environment
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven track record identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and positive attitude
- Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring, code review, design support, etc.
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
- Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM, Zephyr/HPQ)
- Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
- Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading a risk-based approach to software testing
- Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Experience with test automation tools in a variety of environments (Web, SQL\ORA DB, MSOffice, Splunk)
- Experience with C#/.Net, Visual Studio and strong object-oriented programming skills, and API integrated test automation.
- Experience with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), exposure to tools such as: Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow
- Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins / Bamboo /GIT
- Financial/Trading services industry experience
- UI automation with Selenium or coded UI
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.