The Online Security Technology team is looking for a talented technologist to lead the architecture of Schwab’s authentication platforms. The team is working on modernizing our existing security platform with a new standards-based solution that is extendible, highly available, secure and yet easily usable. When completed, the application should support multi-dimensional application security needs of our company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you are good at
- Senior Technical Architect focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects/teams.
- We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations.
- Publishing and presenting the architecture to technology leaders and business executives. Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Defines, communicates and enforces design/coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high-quality creation of the code.
- Tracks and identifies new technologies to solve the business problems.
What you have
- BS Computer Science or related field. MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform Experience with Java and/or C# Java in a Linux/Windows data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization.
- This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients.
- You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- Broad knowledge of the software engineering and architecture space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Authentication protocols, REST and the Web Services space. Knowledge and experience with server-side .NET and Java Knowledge of nosql databases (Aerospike, KAFKA, MongoDB are preferred).
- The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.