Sr Manager - Network Engineering
This is a Senior Network Engineer role on our Data Center and Edge Networks team - we provide a global, superior data network infrastructure for Charles Schwab & Co. The Senior Network Engineer will work closely with other engineers, service providers, application owners & internal network operations to provide support in the data center and edge network environments.
What you are good at
• Partnering with internal and external business groups to develop technical solutions to meet business objectives
• Designing and implementing complex network environments
• Define, documenting, and enforcing network standards
• Leading technical design and architecture review of global projects
• Communicating difficult concepts and managing span of influence
• Optimizing network performance
What you have
Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10+ years of network engineering experience
• CCNP/CCIE certification preferred
• Strong knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies
• ISP and/or carrier backbone engineering experience/knowledge
• Optical testing experience and knowledge
• Carrier Technologies – DWDM, Dark Fiber, MPLS, VPLS
• Extensive routing protocol knowledge – OSPF, BGP and EIGRP
• Experience with Cisco EVPN VXLAN and Cisco DCNM
• Working knowledge of IGMP, PIM and multicast routing
• Programming / Scripting background with knowledge of Python, REST API and Ansible
• Experience with SCM and DevOps tool suites; examples include Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Concourse etc.
• Automation / Orchestration experience in a networked environment is a plus
• Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum, experience adopting or leading continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
• Requires excellent problem solving and analytic skills to effectively address the needs of customers, including experience handling problem escalations and notifications.
• Must possess strong communication skills (oral and written) and technical understanding to take complex technical concepts and present them to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to gather requirements, analyze alternatives, provide cost analysis, test options, configure devices and recommend, document and communicate highly technical solutionsExperience working in a large enterprise environment with a keen focus around security, availability, resiliency and performance
• Experience building, implementing and troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN architectures
• Knowledge of wide-area network architecture and design concepts
• Hands-on experience designing, building, testing and deploying large-scale network solutions
• Self-motivated, solutions oriented, and pro-active
• Experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.