Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
What you are good at
Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams. Define and execute both project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/. Coordinate test execution with external vendors. Project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts). Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues. Provide QA perspective, status reporting, and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as ensure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed. Work with Product Teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics, and provide project and release status updates. Coordinate with team members for testing activities. Participate in Requirements Ambiguity & Use Case / User Story Reviews. Conduct QA analysis & test support activities. Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and test best practices.
What you have
- Quality Assurance experience in the financial/trading services industry;
- Delivery of highly complex projects including trading platforms, backend reconciliation application changes related to major migrations, and industry wide changes;
- Web, desktop, and backend applications including: Windows OS, IIS web server, Web services XML, WSDL, and SOAP
- Black box and white box testing techniques;
- Working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors in integration testing, project sync up, releases, and prod support; and
- SQL syntax and relational database concepts, including writing SQL queries, database tables, and structures.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and 5 years post-baccalaureate, professional, progressive experience in job offered or related occupation.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.