Sr. SDET- Software Development Engineer in Test
This position will be part of the Trading eXperience Technology team at Schwab, focused on improving the Trading experience for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and adopt change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via multi-functional coordination and ownership.
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test where you will be part of a team of experienced IT professionals, full stack developers and SDETs tasked with building applications and products to support Schwab’s trading platforms. You will be working in a fast-paced and agile environment specializing in testing, test frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code, test tools and data.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Leads large projects and programs with limited oversight and may act as a team leader to coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Sets standards to deliver high-quality products and services; Sets high standards for self and others.
- Implements and enhance the testing automation framework for web services, APIs, and web-based applications.
- Develop, execute and maintain automation tests cases and test scenarios - for high volume, low latency web and desktop applications.
- Ensure automation is constantly running, analyzing, documenting and promptly reporting on failures.
- Partner with scrum team members to build out automation solutions to advance Schwab SDLCs and meeting critical business objectives.
- Write and execute performance and load tests for multiple applications to measure scalability and stability.
- Design test cases and test plans for given acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate with scrum team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to integrate project plans, testing schedules, and metrics reporting.
- Understand the application architecture, hosting infrastructure, interaction with dependency apps and complete feature workflow to assess all the risk around integration points before developing good test cases.
- Provide complete testing coverage including manual testing when automation is not possible
- Perform browser compatibility testing for web applications
- Participates in code review and guides junior team members to provide better code quality.
- Evaluates business and software industry trends and suggests improvements to processes, products and services
- Collaborates with customers, peers, account leaders and external and internal partners
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of hands-on application programming and/or test automation / framework experience in an Agile development environment
- Expert level hands-on software development experience (Java or C #)
- Able to follow and evolve testing architectural patterns, standards and best practices
- Must have good understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns and data structures
- Familiarity with Agile/Lean development and testing practices, including Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Expert with SQL Server or document-oriented databases (MongoDB)
- Expert of QA practices (black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing)
- Demonstrates an ability to build consensus in the role of team leader and/or team member
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with source control and Agile Tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Zephyr, Bamboo, GIT)
- Expert level experience with web services standards and utilizing related testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Postman, Load Runner, Blazemeter, Sauce Labs etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting Production issues through analysis of logs (Splunk), dashboards and metrics
Target Total Compensation - $121,000 - $201,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.