Charles Schwab’s quality assurance software automation test engineers engage in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life impacting moves with their financial worth. We are looking for automation software test engineers who love their craft and who know that career development means becoming a master of your craft. This position will be part of Advisor Services Technology at Schwab and we will focus on increasing quality through end to end testing, reducing time to market and increasing efficiency. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, able to manage several testing efforts in different phases and embrace change passionately.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.”
What you are good at
We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Automation Software Test Engineer to join the Advisor Services Technology team to help deliver advisor facing interactive web applications. You must see yourself as high energy and be someone who seeks out engagement with team members. You must be able to coach others as well as be open to receiving coaching. Schwab is a highly collaborative environment, so working well with others is a must.
- Understanding and application of Object-Oriented Programming and test automation coding standards and best practices.
- Writing well-designed, efficient code by using functional programming concepts.
- Utilize existing Build and Test Automation tools and frameworks to develop, maintain and execute automated tests in a Continuous Integration environment.
- Create and maintain automated scripts and develop reusable automated scripts from web driver Interfaces.
- Develop and maintain reusable end-to-end transactional automated test scripts for different mobile products and interfaces using Appium and Java.
- Develop Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java for highly transactional Web-based TD Ameritrade applications.
- Develop automated test scripts using frameworks and tools like Selenium, Junit, TestNG, Appium, Cucumber, cross browser and mobile testing cloud platforms.
- Executed automated tests using frameworks and tools built on technologies like Appium, Selenium, Java, TestNG, etc.
- Work with source control tools (GIT or Bamboo) and defect tracking systems like JIRA, Zephyr, Pivotal Tracker, ALM.
- Integrate and trigger automated tests runs on CI tools like Jenkins/Bamboo as part of post build activity or ad-hoc at a scheduled time.
- Build, configure and deploy automated test code using Maven and storing code in Bitbucket.
- Participate in requirement reviews, application assessment, feasibility analysis to ensure full understanding of products in order to identify proper test framework, methodology, and tools.
Work collaboratively with all members of the Delivery and Test Teams utilizing agile
What you have
- 5+ years of software development and automated testing hands-on experience.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Quality Center, ALM, Jira, Rally, Zephyr or related tools.
- Familiarity with software testing (unit, integration, functional, regression).
- Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience using test automation tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Ruby, Selenium, Appium, XCode, XCUI, Espresso, etc.
- Familiarity with web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, JSON, REST, etc.).
- Experience working on Linux, Unix, Windows and Mac environments.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.