Team Manager, DBA
The Business Process Management team is looking for a DBA Team Manager that can be responsible for defining, advocating for, and executing the details of an overarching strategy for the help and guidance offerings for team members. This DBA Manager will manage both on-site and off-site Oracle, SQL and Mongo DBA’s providing support for production, QA and development environments.This role is key to mission critical business applications that require managing on-call team rotation, incident management, change management and identifying key process methods for efficient delivery of service. A successful candidate would have significant experience in Oracle, SQL and Mongo systems and architecture including performance tuning for enterprise applications.
What you are good at
- Ensuring that best practices are followed in all areas including backup/restore, tablespace management, GoldenGate, Data Guard, Pluggable Database management
- Working with developers and programmers to understand the potential architectural impacts of different database strategies.
- Providing database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical databases, capacity planning, external data interface specifications, data loading plans, data maintenance plans, and security policies.
- Driving IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach to the design of technical solutions.
- Understanding and applying enterprise wide thinking to individual departmental requests for IT investments to ensure end-to-end process and data integration are achieved.
What you have
- Experience leading projects to successful completion as defined by predetermined project success criteria including those established by the business, capital expenditure and budget requirements.
- Develops and maintains SAvE methodology (templates, processes and deliverables) and ensures all IT resources understand their responsibilities in this process.
- Partners with Development and Business Teams to assess how technologies can best streamline processes and/or add business value.
- Develops budget and annual goals and objectives; holds organization accountable for attaining goals and objectives.
- Set strategic direction for the design and deployment of corporate databases.
- Oversees database and team disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Directly supervise the activities of Database Administrators.
- Assists in troubleshooting efforts and coaches team members on troubleshooting strategies
- Pushes innovative approaches to solving problems
- Pushes adoption of latest oracle features to save operational cost and man-hours
- Performs code reviews on database administrator led automation scripts.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.