The Innovation Accelerator team is responsible solving client experience with new technologies that are often a step beyond the business today. Similar to a labs group, we utilize Schwab technologies to prototype and build new experiences for our clients. Schwab has a long history of questioning the status quo – whether it be the 24/7 quotes, or online brokerage, or the start of a mutual fund marketplace.
What you are good at
As a Web Developer of the Innovation Accelerator team, you will be responsible for getting safe and resilient production code out the door as quickly as possible. You will be producing highly usable and scalable web software solutions. You will work with business stakeholders and UX teams to understand requirements and help develop right solutions looking from technology and also from client’s perspective. You will work with other engineering groups to understand the domain applications to come up with a solution that can be used across different applications.
What you have
- 5-7 years full-stack web development experience, with an emphasis on front-end UI/UX development
- Experience with Node, Angular, React, or other similar JS frameworks
- Experience with Spring Boot or other similar .Net / Java backend development frameworks
- Experience with unit testing patterns (TDD/BDD) and methodologies
- Application performance evaluation and tuning skills
- Web Accessibility experience preferred
- Experience and comfort communicating with senior executives and the ability to gain respect and support of leadership, partners, and peers
- Strong interpersonal skills and must exemplify the vision and values of Schwab
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science OR related practical experience
- 4+ years of experience working in cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.