2022 Charles Schwab Branch Network Internship
Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 45 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2022 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between December 2022 and May/June 2023
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 6 to August 5, 2022)
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and outstanding experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the demeanor of an everyday leader
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in the financial services industry
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.
There are many different business tracks that you can engage with over the course of the summer. Some of the tracks that will host 2022 interns are:
- Corporate Risk Management
- Digital Services
- Front Line Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Investor and Client Service
- Model Risk Management
- Retirement Business Services
- Schwab Asset Management Solutions
- Schwab Branch Network
- Schwab Technology Services
- Workplace Financial Services
You can find additional program information at:
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. To formally apply and be considered, use this link:
Branch Network Intern
Our Branch Network Internship provides you the opportunity to:
- Be immersed in the Schwab values and mission by working in a Schwab Branch (available branch locations across the country below)
- Fulfill an early accomplishment in the financial services industry with paid Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) study time and exam
- Join client meetings with an Associate Financial Consultant or a Financial Consultant
- Attend branch team meetings, workshops and other client events held at the branch; assist by generating invitations and supporting logistical needs
- Cover the front desk by greeting walk-in clients and assisting them with service requests including walking clients through opening accounts on schwab.com
- Complete Client Relationship Specialist (CRS) University training modules to learn various branch service responsibilities
- Schedule appointments for Financial Consultants by calling and engaging with existing Schwab clients
- Gain exposure to Schwab's Financial Consultant Academy (FCA) and partner with an assigned FCA Graduate Mentor
- Attend various informational meetings and/or panel discussions
What you're good at:
- Excellent communication, teamwork and service skills
- Confident and engaging presence
- A collaborative style and client-focused mentality
- Taking a thoughtful approach to continually elevate the client experience
What you have:
- Anticipation of graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Dec. 2022 or May/June 2023
- An ability to work Monday-Friday, between the dates of June 6 – August 5, 2022
- Strong desire to explore a career at Schwab by beginning in our Financial Consultant Academy post-graduation
- A desire to learn about the Financial Services Industry and Wealth Management and to help clients succeed
- Ability and desire to network and build relationships
Note: exact locations are subject to change
- Bellevue, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Corte Madera, CA
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Pasadena, CA
- Reno, NV
- National Central Cal (Phoenix, AZ - South Mountain service center)
- Lone Tree, CO
- Denver - Downtown, CO
- Plano, TX
- Houston - Galleria, TX
- Biltmore, AZ
- Chandler, AZ
- Oak Brook, IL
- Chicago - Michigan Ave, IL
- National Branch San Antonio (San Antonio, TX – San Antonio service center)
- New York - Grand Central, NY
- New York – Midtown, NY
- Boston, MA
- Chestnut Hill, MA
- Bethesda, MD
- Tyson's Corner, VA
- Tampa Bay, FL
- Winter Park, FL
- Atlanta - Perimeter, GA
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Target Total Compensation - $22.00/hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.