VP, Financial Consultant - Burlington, VT
To be successful in this role, you are a results-oriented, self-starter with a strong work ethic who will be an ambassador in helping clients plan for their future, driving referrals, and retaining clients at Schwab for a lifetime. Our goal is that by providing outstanding advice and consultation, you can earn the trust and dedication of our clients with a plan-based approach to meeting their financial goals.
What makes you successful in this role?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if they align with your expertise. Build strong relationships, engage and encourage trust, and deepen the client relationship by utilizing a focused, client communication strategy.
- Relationship Specialist
Be Curious and Consultative: Discover all you can about your clients, see things through their eyes, and then review and recommend appropriate solutions to help them stay on track with their financial goals.
Be a Challenger: Partner with, and educate clients. Share and engage clients in discussion around market conditions, sound investing principles, and the ideal wealth and long-term investment strategies for their personal situation.
We are proud of our culture of service, teamwork, and seeing challenges "Through Clients' Eyes." Our culture truly differentiates Schwab and makes our company a great place to work. We place great value on the recognition we receive as an employer of choice, particularly those awards that are based on the feedback of our employees.
Working as a Financial Consultant in a branch at Schwab allows you to work in a collaborative environment while playing a key role in the firm’s success every day. When we asked current Financial Consultants at Schwab what they loved, they said: Schwab is rewarding, collaborative, supportive, has strong leadership and is innovative.
At Schwab, you can go as far as your ambition takes you. Here, you'll have the opportunity to continue to grow in that role or move into another role.
Working at Schwab has been an amazing experience that I continue to enjoy. Schwab gives me the ability to be independent, while still working in a collaborative environment. The company has a strong belief in leadership and honesty, and I find that to be imperative. Additionally, I would say that working at Schwab offers a family type of environment. As someone who values relationships, I take great pleasure in working with leaders who continue to celebrate the success of their fellow employees.Emil Financial Consultant
Charles Schwab's culture is unmatched at any other firm. Everyone is warm, welcoming and helpful.Lexi Financial Consultant
The most rewarding part about my role has been walking side by side with my clients to build a plan defined by THEIR goals. Working at Schwab provides an opportunity to serve clients and their needs amongst a group of peers, counterparts, and partners that have an intentional mindset to collaborate and support one another not only for the best interest of the client, but as a means of sustaining the culture in which we were founded upon. Schwab was founded upon the goal of removing the barriers to entry for investors - that resonates through each segment internally; and can be seen in the resources, support and guidance provided to each employee.Andrea Financial Consultant
I have a passion for helping my clients achieve financial success by working with me and my team through ongoing portfolio management and financial planning. I witnessed firsthand at a young age how important saving and prudent investing is. My father who was an honorable and trusting man lost a fortune dealing with unscrupulous business partners. I saw the devastation it coursed to my family and vowed to never let that happen to them, myself and my clients.Jesse Financial Consultant
Schwab offers medical, dental, and vision benefits; and tax-advantaged HSA, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs.
Some of these benefits include 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and employee branch and advice services.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
We offer six weeks of paid parental leave for both the primary and secondary caregiver. We also offer a Dependent Care FSA.
Paid Time Off
Vacation accrual rates increase based on years of service. You also receive eight paid holidays plus two floating holidays and sick time, and a 28-day paid sabbatical that you are eligible for after five years of employment, and every five years thereafter.
We know your and your family’s well-being is paramount. That’s why we focus on providing benefits that matter most to you.
Schwab offers education reimbursement, mentoring, and job shadowing.
Are you ready for a career worth owning? One that challenges the status quo? We want you to bring your positivity, curiosity, drive, and passion for delighting clients to the Schwab Financial Consultant position. You will be part of a diverse national network of skilled Financial Consultants, who are crafting and growing, their practices, while driving successful outcomes for our clients. We are looking for professionals who advocate on behalf of our clients by listening and discovering what is most important to them, understand who they are, and then collaborate with a team of internal specialists to help clients fulfill those goals and dreams.
Financial Consultants are procured with a practice of existing Schwab clients, providing them with wealth management and financial planning advice. Over time, they grow their practice holistically through client asset consolidation, networking, and earning client referrals. Financial Consultants are empowered to choose their most productive working environment (within corporate guidelines). This includes space to work within the branch, remote flexibility and the potential for flexible work schedules to accommodate work/life balance needs. Managing wealth on behalf of our clients includes:
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Investment Management
- Banking and Lending Management
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Estate Planning
If you want to positively impact the financial security of clients, provide an outstanding investor experience, use the power of partnerships and the extensive resources available at Schwab, all while continuing to further your own professional development in Wealth Management, please consider this opportunity.
What you are good at
You are a results-oriented, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic that will be an ambassador in helping clients plan for their future, driving referrals and retaining clients at Schwab for a lifetime. Our goal is that through providing outstanding advice and consultation, you earn the trust and dedication of our clients.
When meeting with clients you will:
- Be Curious and Consultative: Discover all you can about your clients, see things through their eyes, and then review and recommend appropriate solutions to help them stay on track with their financial goals.
- Be a Trusted Advisor: Build strong relationships,engage and encourage trust, and deepen the client relationship by utilizing a focused client communication strategy, and exceeding client expectations.
- Have a Defined Process: Demonstrate your ability to deliver appropriate advice and solutions through a repeatable sales process that focuses on addressing clients’ needs.
- Use your Team and Ability to Influence: Leverage our team of Schwab specialists, Schwab advice guidelines, your knowledge of the markets, and your ability to inspire action to help your client’s progress toward achieving their goals.
- Be a Challenger:Partner Educate Clients. Share and engage clients in discussion around market conditions, sound investing principles, and the ideal wealth and investment strategies for their personal situation.
What you have
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Robust consulting, influencing and client engagement skills
- Proactivity and resourcefulness with the ability to balance service, risk/compliance policies and sales goals
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with a positive demeanor, and active listening
- An ownership mentality with desire for continual professional development
- Ability to adapt and implement change as the market and business conditions evolve
- Willingness to engage within the community
- Coach-ability; receive and implement feedback
- Aspirations for more than baseline expectations.
- A valid and active FINRA Series 7 license required
- in acquiring Series 66 (63/65) license and Life & Health Insurance as it will be required your tenure on the job.
Investing in Yourself:
- Wealth Management University – We provide a comprehensive onboarding and new hire program designed for new Financial Consultants (FCs). This program helps FCs understand Schwab’s overarching approach to our clients and features content on relationship building, financial planning, and Schwab’s spectrum of advised and lending solutions.
- Professional Designations – CWS (Cannon Wealth Strategist), CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process
Highlights of Schwab’s Benefits
- Work/Life Balance: Remote working flexibility, Paid vacation time, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Established Diversity & Inclusion practices, Community involvement, Company-wide Volunteer efforts, Charitable matching
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.