Senior Auditor, Financial Services (Remote Available)
Charles Schwab Internal Audit Department (IAD) provides independent and objective assurance designed to add new value and improve the operations of Schwab for all partners. Internal Audit assists Schwab to accomplish its objectives by using a systematic, focused approach to understand, evaluate, test and improve the effectiveness and security of business processes across the organization. Additionally we evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Internal Audit leadership is responsible for leading all aspects of the execution of internal audits, identifying and implementing process improvements, observing vendor performance, and periodically report to governance committees, federal regulators and the Audit Committee. The Internal Audit Department is exposed to and communicates with all areas of the company. The department is split into six enterprise teams; Technology, Broker-Dealer, Bank, Corporate, Operations and Professional Practices.
The Corporate Capital and Treasury Risk Team is seeking a Senior Auditor (Senior Specialist). This team is responsible for execution of audits over the firm’s corporate and risk management functions, with a specific focus treasury activities. Specific audits include liquidity, interest rate risk, capital and model risk areas. The team also performs testing to confirm remediation of audit issues and regulatory issues.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Corporate Capital and Treasury Risk Team, the Senior Auditor (Senior Specialist) will have responsibility for assisting in the for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the organization’s operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
- 100% remote available for a US based employee.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Audit Execution: Participate in the planning and execution of internal audit assignments, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and IAD policies and procedures. Responsibilities will include: scheduling and participation in audit meetings; participation in scoping discussions; drafting of audit results; design and execution of testing; and completion and review of work papers. Additionally, assist in the tracking of team operations including audit status, issue status, and budgets.
- Issues Identification: Based on the results of audit testing, identify and draft audit observations for review by the Internal Audit Manager/Senior Manager (and above levels) and subsequent debriefing with the key partners (typically VP-level and below).
- Issue Management and Validation: Conduct validation testing of the audit issue action plans completed by the business.
- Risk Assessment: Under the supervision of IAD Management, participate in the annual Risk Assessment process, including scheduling and participation in meetings with partners, and the scoring and documentation of risk ratings.
- Coaching: Provide support, mentoring, and feedback to audit team members throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
- Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and departmental administration and training requirements.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business process improvement or internal team needs.
What you have
- 3 - 5+ years of financial services-related audit experience with increasing responsibility. Experience with Treasury activities, including liquidity, interest rate risk, and capital areas. Experience specific to internal audit and/or similar Big 4 Accounting or regulatory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing internal audits among a sophisticated risk and regulatory environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing providers and internal lines of businesses.
- CFA, CPA, FRM or other risk management certifications are strongly preferred. Applicable progress on pursuing these certifications is considered.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and figure out the adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies for capital, interest rate and liquidity risks, along with model guidance. Candidate should have knowledge of regulatory requirements for these areas, such as SR15-18, SR1519, ROPE, SR11-7, EPS, SR12-7, SR10-6.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to craft appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Target Total Compensation -69,700.00-125,500.00. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.