Sr. Engineer in Test (Remote)
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are inspired by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, our firm, and the world. We live and bring the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
The Thematic Investing team is looking for a Sr. Engineer in Test. This team is building innovative new software that allows clients to trade in new ways. You will be a key contributor as Schwab works to make the investing experience more personalized for each client and reduces the barriers to entry for new investors. With a single click, clients will be able to buy up to 30 stocks tied to a single theme, such as artificial intelligence, and the client will be able to buy fractional share quantities of those stocks.
What you are good at
- Developing, maintaining and executing manual and automated test suites and reporting test results
- Gaining in-depth business knowledge to understand business needs and identify testing priorities based on scenario risk levels
- Facilitating automation and test case reviews with Agile team members to ensure that the code base remains functional and testable
- Leading the tracking, prioritization, and communication of defects
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise
- A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities and solid knowledge base are key essentials for success
- A desire to learn and work with interesting and new technologies while driving innovation
What you have
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks and delivery of complex projects within the Agile environment
- Proficiency in Java.
- Experience testing APIs and building automation test suites
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform technologies (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, PCF).
- Experience delivering key test artifacts and maintaining test documentation using the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence)
- Experience using Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Proficient analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
Target Total Compensation - 110,000 - 161,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.