Configuration & Release Engineer III
Schwab Retirement Technologies is looking for a Configuration and Release Engineer to join a small team in Charlotte, NC. This opportunity supports multiple development teams with large client facing retirement applications. You will work with results-oriented software professionals who share a passion for technology, innovation and excellence.
As a Configuration and Release Engineer, you will assist in managing and maturing the deployment processes. The successful candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully implementing releases for enterprise software applications in an Agile environment. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting development teams in non-production and business partners in production.
What you are good at
- Managing application release schedules, ad-hoc projects and/or key infrastructure initiatives across multiple environments.
- Solid track record in an operational/support role with emphasis on protecting the production environment with appropriate controls as needed to maintain high availability.
- Planning, managing, and executing release cycles, including tracking release deliverables, coordinating quality processes (business certification, QA signoffs, governance approvals, and analysis from code quality tools), and leading release efforts in the production environment.
- Crafting requests for change and acquiring appropriate approvals, including approvals from the governing bodies and risk management groups.
- Understanding a sophisticated system of applications and coordinating dependencies between teams and systems for project or feature deliverables.
- Contributing to process improvements for the release management process and maintaining documentation of all release processes.
- Working closely with CI/CD engineers and development teams to improve deployment automation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and communicating to all the partners involved, including providing clear, concise, and timely communication to all parties before, during and after deployments.
What you have
- 2+ years working in an enterprise software organization.
- 2+ years of experience in running sophisticated and critical applications. A key role of this resource will be to lead teams through the Release Process: Ability to Define deployment plans, identify deployment dependencies, define deployment timelines for releases.
- Experience with IIS and Website Configuration in a Windows Server Environment.
- Experience working with Change Management tools for tracking the production changes.
- Experience documenting and improving processes around Release Management best practices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including multiple evenings per week for release night implementations.
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy, Jira, Confluence and Clarity preferred.
- Knowledge Agile methodologies and DevOps practices preferred.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, and SALT preferred.
- Knowledge of IP Networks, Addressing, DNS, Firewall, and Load Balancing preferred
- Knowledge of advanced release strategy concepts a plus (blue/green deployments, auto-tagging, versioning strategy, automation).
- Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Ability to partner with Scrum Masters / Developers / Production owners during the release management process.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.