At TD Ameritrade, our commitment to cutting-edge technology is crucial to helping individuals seek out their financial goals. We are seeking an innovative engineer like you to be part of the team responsible for the architecture, design, development of the thinkorswim application.
Take on this new role, responsible for performing analysis and development tasks on the award winning thinkorswim trading platform. thinkorswim is our most advanced trading platform (think derivatives)—and so much more. This person will be developing high-performing, low-latency and real-time trading software (mostly custom written) in a highly distributed and networked environment. Utilize technologies like networking, sockets, concurrent programming, caching and clustered architecture
What you are good at
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation, although specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions. Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline required
- Qualified candidates will have experience in server side development with experience in Java & J2EE
- Experience with: OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems; Agile and test-driven development; Rich UI frameworks; APIs and application development frameworks (e.g. Spring);
- Experience working in a multi-threaded environment highly desired.
- Build, deploy and test automation tools (e.g.- gradle, Ant, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Junit, Test NJ or similar tools)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.