Regional Market Leader, Independent Branch Services
Independent Branch Services leads Schwab’s growing network of franchise locations called Independent Branches. We leverage our strong national brand and partner with local advisor talent to extend Schwab's retail presence into affluent communities that were previously underserved by our branch network. The Independent Branch Market Leader oversees multiple independent branches within their region, partnering with franchisees—called Independent Branch Leaders—to help them successfully develop and grow their franchise businesses and advance Schwab’s reputation and brand awareness in their local communities.
As an Independent Branch Market Leader, your goal will be to become the most trusted advisor of each of the Independent Branch Leader in your region. You’ll work closely with new Independent Branch Leaders to help them get off to a fast start and overcome challenges. Throughout their career, you’ll maintain a close relationship and deliver value as a trusted thought partner who helps them see around the curve. You’ll ensure a strong culture of compliance, risk management and supervision, while simultaneously providing sales, service and people leadership for your region. Through ongoing collaboration with the Independent Branch Leaders, you’ll help them develop growth strategies, improve practice management processes, and deliver an exceptional client experience.
What you are good at
- Influence Leadership – Achieve desired outcomes and results by inspiring, encouraging, and persuading through trusted relationships
- Driving Long-term Results – Focused on long-term franchisee/franchisor success and shareholder value; not just beating short-term expectations
- Mental Fortitude – Capable of executing brilliantly even under uncertain or adverse conditions; ability to deliver difficult messages and make tough decisions
- Risk Management – Drive a culture of compliance and instill strong supervision mindset in region; implement and enforce applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures; understand business risks and work closely with Supervision and Controls, Compliance and Legal teams to anticipate and address concerns and issues. This includes compliance with The Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. compliance manual, business unit specific policies/procedures, federal/state securities laws/regulations and applicable rules of FINRA, NASD, MSRB, CBOE, NFA and exchanges of which Charles Schwab & Co Inc. is a member.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Innate ability to connect with others in a way that fosters trust and promotes accountability; understand the strengths and weaknesses of others and anticipate how they will react to a situation
- Commitment to Learning – Desire to constantly be in learning mode; willingness to learn from mistakes, ask a lot of questions, and be receptive to feedback
- Advocating – Listen carefully to constituents to understand key needs and pain points; share feedback with relevant leadership and assertively pursue improvements on their behalf
- Change Leadership – Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment; help others navigate stressful situations and lead the region through the change management process
- Entrepreneurial Orientation- Tendency to seize opportunities and inspire others along the way
- Personal Accountability – Exhibit a high level of ownership and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Brand Ambassador – Represent the Schwab brand well and be an ambassador in all interactions; lead by example
- Mission Driven – Commitment to put the mission and goals of the organization ahead of your own self-interests
- Build Camaraderie – Foster a sense of community and belonging within your region; cross-pollenate ideas and encourage best practice sharing
- Strategic Partnerships – Develop strong relationships with key partners throughout the organization; help them understand unique needs of Independent Branch Leaders; show them they are valued through regular appreciation and recognition.
What you have
- 7+ years’ of sales and leadership experience in a financial services capacity
- Prior sales management experience as well as exposure to other branch functions including Operations, Technology, Human Resources, Supervision, Compliance, etc.
- Proven track record of building and developing strong and collaborative teams through engagement
- Ability to inspire shared vision with a strong drive for results
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with employees, peers and colleagues in other work groups
- Solid business acumen and ability to make sound business decisions
- Sound operational & supervisory judgment
- Effective time management skills with ability to prioritize issues and invest time where appropriate
- Constant drive for innovation and continuous improvement that benefits the client experience
- Proven ability to speak and act with confidence as well the ability to command the attention of an audience
- Ability to set clear expectations and hold teams accountable for significant results, raising the team up to their full potential through coaching and support
- Commitment to holding yourself and others to high degree of integrity
- Skills in providing guidance and leadership to a team of franchisees who are responsible for their employee’s coaching, development, recognition and performance management
- Ability to assess when direct management of a situation is required or when discretion and independent decision-making is appropriate
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active and valid Series 7 required
- Active and valid Series 9/10 required
- Active and valid Series 66 required
- Active and valid Series 24 preferred
- CFP/CFA/CIMA/AAMS preferred
- Life & Variable Annuity Insurance License
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.