Senior Scrum Master
Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
PROMT (Portfolio Research, Optimization, Management and Trading) Technology is the front-office team that is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management (SAMS) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $500bn in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds, 5th largest provider of ETFs and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
This team is essentially the front-office for Schwab Asset Management that continues to harness the state-of-the-art technologies for differentiating Schwab portfolio research and asset management. The team has won several industry awards such as the “Best IT Team of the Year” and the “Asset Manager Digital Tool of the Year”.
Team is high performing and plays a key role in developing the technical strategy, designing systems, and delivering to high quality standards.
What you are good at
This is a Senior Scrum Master role, managing the software development lifecycle including the coordination, prioritization, and communication across the business product areas. It will include building and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the SAMS business.
The Scrum Master role requires facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings. The responsibilities entail full Agile and DevOps model in partnership of SAMS business—actively working with Product Owners, End-Users, Partners—in facilitating requirements, design, coding, testing (unit and functional), deployment and post-release support.
What you have
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology individual with a proven record of software delivery to a front office investment management business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Required: A university degree from a well-respected academic institution
- Required: At least 5 years of Scrum Master experience using Agile scaling frameworks
- Required: Experience working in Agile teams; preferably in small teams; at least 3-years of proven experience leading scrum, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives
- Required: Experience with Atlassian suite (jira, confluence, kanban) to manage scrums and to produce management reporting
- Desired: Good communicator, conflict resolver, can coach junior scrum masters
- Desired: Technical acumen to work with both developers and business stakeholders
- Premium Consideration: Experience in Index Equities, ETFs, and Trading
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Ability to garner respect from your team(s) and peers and lead by influencing
- Experience working with multiple diverse, distributed, and dispersed teams
- Strong coaching, mentoring, teaching, and facilitation skills
- Tools and techniques for measuring business outcomes (rather than outputs)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.