Charles Schwab User Experience and Designis responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content writers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designingtools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
The thinkorswimmobile app Senior Experience Designer is responsible for the information architecture, interaction, and visual design for the active trader mobile app platforms. This individual is responsible for driving user research and working with senior executives and key business stakeholders to design highly innovative concepts and experiences for the self-directed active trader.
What you are good at
- Facilitate brainstorming and sketching exercises for ideation exercises
- Deep understanding of mobile Material Design and iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Present design work to business partners from product, content, QA, and technology; explain design choices and address issues and concerns; help partners reach consensus
- Represent the design team brand and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Use business intelligence about the active trader space to propose and incorporate new and creative ideas into current designs
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Mobile Design Expertise and Execution
- Lead mobile app architecture and frameworks sessions
- Proficient in tools like Mural, Invision & Sketch
- Develop high-level concepts, user flows, high fidelity designs and clickable prototypes
- Visualize ideas clearly (via sketches, diagrams, wireframes or prototypes), and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Help establish and document design patterns
- Extremely detail-oriented, able to define ideas down to a specification level.
- Conduct visual design QA and communicate issues to QA and technology
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
- Drive usability testing and strategic user research.
- Participating in collaborative usability testing practices by note-taking, scriptwriting, and moderating
- Stay abreast of rapidly changing mobile apps design: UI controls, iconography, device resolution, typography, dynamic text, color pallets, adaptive layout, etc
- Stay immersed in thinkorswim active trader client behaviors and needs by monitoring platform user feedback, engaging in relevant Charles Schwab training, and reviewing user research reports
Why your work matters
- You will support an engaged a set of self-directed users who rely on our digital products that actively trade their own securities.
- By researching and understanding the active trader user needs you will be able to impact how our users preform their actives with the thinkorswim platform
- You will learn how to balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible thinkorswim platform which serves millions of retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
What you have
- 6+ years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
- 2+ years of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces.
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking, including artifacts and examples of how you arrived at the final design.
- Experience with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research and testing, developing user flows, creating wireframes, creating prototypes, and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, ability to manage substantial responsibility, capable of managing your project schedules, and an ability to collaborate across levels and roles.
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision, MURAL, etc.
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.