Software Developer II
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. is looking for a Software Development Engineer II where you will be part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with building applications and products to support Schwab’s trading platforms. You will be working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies.
What you are good at
- Responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of Web UI and REST APIs.
- Interact with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, SDETs and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Participate in technical governance and ensure development standards and best practices are followed.
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as Test-driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support SDETs with testing efforts and release and deployment and drive improvements in the release process
- Troubleshoot and support applications in production in case of any issues. Create Splunk logs, dashboards and setup monitoring and alerts to avoid re-occurrence of similar issues for all your applications.
What you have
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Must have good understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns and data structures.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of hands on experience in .Net C#
- Should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Good understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- A good understanding of web architecture, application integration, and tooling is required
- Solid hands-on experience in a mission-critical mid-tier production environment
- Awareness of emerging technologies/standards is required
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.