Software Development Engineer in Test II (SDET)
This position will be part of the Trading eXperience Technology team at Schwab, focused on improving the Trading experience for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and adopt change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via multi-functional coordination and ownership.
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET-II) where you will be part of a team of experienced IT professionals, full stack developers and SDETs tasked with building applications and products to support Schwab’s trading platforms. You will be working in a fast-paced and agile environment specializing in testing, test frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code, test tools and data.
What you are good at
- Develop, execute and maintain automation tests cases and test scenarios - for high volume, low latency web and desktop applications
- Implement test automation framework for web services, APIs, and web-based applications
- Ensure automation is constantly running, analyzing, documenting and promptly reporting on failures
- Partner with scrum team members to build out automation solutions to advance Schwab SDLCs and meeting critical business objectives.
- Write and execute performance and load tests for multiple applications to measure scalability and stability
- Design test cases and test plans for given acceptance criteria
- Coordinate with scrum team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to integrate project plans, testing schedules, and metrics reporting.
- Understand the application architecture, hosting infrastructure, interaction with dependency apps and complete feature workflow to assess all the risk around integration points before developing good test cases.
- Provide complete testing coverage including manual testing when automation is not possible
- Perform browser compatibility testing for web applications
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of hands on application programming and/or test automation / framework experience in an Agile development environment.
- Must have good understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns and data structures.
- Familiarity with Agile/Lean development and testing practices, including Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with SQL Server or document-oriented databases (MongoDB)
- Familiarity of QA practices (black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing)
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with source control and Agile Tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Zephyr, Bamboo, GIT)
- Familiarity with web services standards and utilizing related testing tools such as SOAPUI, HP UFT API, Postman, Fiddler
- Familiarity with troubleshooting Production issues through analysis of logs (Splunk), dashboards and metrics.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.