Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Charles Schwab’s CTET (Client Trader Experience Technology)Sr. SRE thrive in a leading-edge work culture while focusing on products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and a team environment and deliver innovative, value-based reliable solutions. A proven track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly is key to success in the role.
The successful candidate will bring an ability to prioritize, to communicate clearly and compellingly, and to understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence building and leveraging a strong team. Our Leads drive their organizations to continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
The Sr. SRE for CTET is an individual contributor software development & engineering role at Sr. Manager level and will be responsible to drive the teams workings on high availability, maintainability, support and automaton of complex application platforms and micro services. This leader will drive change within the CTET organization to build a world class SRE organization heavily focused on automation and availability.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Ability to inspire and influence teams effectively, serve as a Subject matter expert and partner in delivering technology-enabled business solutions that exceed business expectations
- Code using Java or any other OOP language, REST based APIs, messaging and streaming technologies and work with Web services virtualization, mocking, and stubbing
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications and implementation of CI/CD/Dev Ops practices and lean methodologies
- Setup governance model for application monitoring and enhance monitoring/alerting capabilities.
- Work with Network, System and Storage administrators for routine operations such as performance tuning, upgrades and backup
- Work with application teams to understand the framework and architecture of applications and recommend performance monitoring best practices accordingly.
- Work towards automating repeatable processes and tasks using programming scripts.
- Work cloud infrastructure security and networking, governance, risk mitigation and automated security remediation
- Develop tools and solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the IT Service management process with focus on excellent user experience.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where a high ambiguity and uncertainty exists
What you have
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- 7+ experience in Operational Support and DevOps technologies
- Strong scripting experience in one or more of the following scripting languages (Shell, Ruby, Python, Groovy, Perl and PowerShell)
- Experience with database management systems (Oracle, SQL), Java and Middleware Software Support Experience
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Deep knowledge in logging/application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Splunk, Grafana, , etc..)
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Bamboo, Go or other related tools)
- Experience with Git, jira and related Atlassian stack (confluence, stash, hipchat)
- Experience working with html/web based technologies and the monitoring of it via synthetic test tools.
- Experience with environment provisioning and deployment automation (Salt/Chef/Puppet)
- Assist in response to external audits, penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and forensic investigations.
- Proficient with packet analysis, forensic investigation, and performance monitoring tools.
Target Total Compensation - $121,000 - $201,600 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.