Trader Electronic Communications Specialist - May Start Date
This position involves working in a team environment to directly service the firm’s most valuable, sophisticated retail active trader clients in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment via electronic communication including email, chat, and social media. The role requires the ability to multitask and think critically to solve problems expeditiously as well as build deeper relationships to better understand client needs.
This industry professional level of specialist includes order entry, software tutorials, client and firm risk analysis and management, client mentorship through education of complex derivatives trading strategies and products, trouble-shooting technology issues, and gathering assets through negotiation empowerment, education, and cross-sell opportunities.
The goal is to help develop clients into more successful traders while also growing their portfolios by imparting the industry knowledge and support of the tools these actively engaged clients use to make them more sophisticated, successful self-directed investor. Associates in this position will possess a superior level of expertise in equities, options, futures, and risk along with a general knowledge foreign exchange trading for not only our clients, but also within Retail Trading, Retail Sales, Investor Services, Retail Support and Marketing.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Provide expedient, exceptional email & chat support to the firm’s most sophisticated, active trader segment through Thinkorswim chat, email, and social media.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently answering client questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Review and execute complex, high dollar equity, complex option, and mutual fund transactions quickly while accurately ensuring client’s accounts can handle each transaction.
- Exercise independent decision making ability regarding the client’s existing expertise in trading equities and complex options to assist them in becoming a self-directed investor.
- Advise clients on current positions as well as generation of new strategies through education on financial markets and products to familiarize customers with the company polices and trading philosophies
- Master and teach clients how to use the firm’s most complex trading platforms (including but not limited to: thinkorswim, Thinkorswim Mobile Applications, and ToSWeb) to allow clients to harness and maximize TDA technology to meet their trading needs.
- Mentor clients around margin rules and calculations on equity and complex option positions and risk management.
- Resolving the client’s needs regarding accounts, technology support, policies, services, and available products.
- Provide real-time support as an escalation point and SME to clients via social media outlets to enhance and grow the TD Ameritrade and thinkorswim brand, ultimately strengthening our brand footprint while increasing client engagement.
- Engage with clients in a positive tone, exhibit empathy when required, deliver key attributes, and provide an unparalleled experience to every customer to establish the industry benchmark for Social Business.
- Support marketing events promoted through social media and continue to drive further client and prospect engagement with TD Ameritrade brands
- Leverage industry knowledge and platform expertise to send well-positioned business leads to our partners in Retail Sales, Education, and Trading Solutions.
- Influence and close business for Retails Sales associates by presenting self-directed active trader clients and prospects with industry standard for market acumen.
- Attract additional assets and business from our fully engaged clients, by meeting their service, education, and trading resource needs.
What you have
- Series 7 & 63 preferred or ability to obtain in the required timeframe
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Online brokerage experience preferred
- Client service experience preferred
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess an Advanced level of knowledge of: Equity Trading, Basic Options, Reg T Margin, Day Trading Margin, Trading Systems
- Possess a Proficient level of knowledge of: Complex Options, Greeks, Technical Analysis, Futures, Forex, Portfolio Management
- Possess an Introductory level of knowledge of: Options on Futures, Portfolio Margin
- Operate as a member of a team with a willingness to contribute and assist others
- Excellent organization and ability to multitask while maintaining a strict attention to detail
- Outstanding critical and analytical thinking skills
- Able to quickly compute mathematical transactions with a high degree of accuracy
- Prioritize tasks and work well in time-sensitive environment while remaining client focused
- Self-motivated and client service oriented
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.