Senior Business Systems Analyst
Customer Reporting Technology (CRT) organization oversees the strategy and implementation of Schwab‘s regulatory and non-regulatory client This team is responsible for collecting, rendering and delivering various documents, including but not limited to confirms, statements, letters. The organization supports various functions including Tax and Client Reporting by ensuring the successful delivery of customer reporting files to our print and electronic channels in a timely manner. The Business System Analyst will be a highly motivated, self-driven individual, responsible for collaborating with business and technology teams to understand requirements, complete impact analysis, and track various stages of development and testing with business and technology teams, and coordinate production implementation and communication.
What you are good at
Business Analysts are responsible for understanding and translating the needs of the business with the use of technology. They ensure their deliverables are aligned with business need and requirements, provide advice, and work cross-functionally with the project team. Experience leading different project roles is beneficial for success in this role.
Expectations of the Business Analyst:
- Work closely with several business partners to assess and document business problems, goals and workflows on projects of diverse scope providing technical and business
- Understand organizational and technical structures and constraints
- Working with Project Management team, business and technical partners, identify solutions to business problems from a cross enterprise perspective
- Participate in Use Case discovery workshops, Identify Use Cases/User Stories, build detailed requirements and other artifacts through use of tools (eg. Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, etc)
- Provides expert input on enterprise-wide business process and technology planning and decisions.
- Applies In-depth evaluation of interdependent
- Work well in a variety of project delivery frameworks including Agile Scrum and Kanban.
- Work closely with Prod-support team for resolution of production issues, conduct RCAs and keep business partners informed. Work with business partners, risk and compliance and lead remediation efforts for production issues.
Analyze requirements and change impacts you will deliver:
- Analysis of business processes
- Current state, target state, gap analysis and process models
- Project/Product Vision
- Use cases/user stories including cross-domain dependencies
- Agile epics and stories (capabilities and features)
- Software requirements specifications
- QA and/or UAT test cases
- Testing and validation processes
- Business rollout, training, and adoption
What you have
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Process Analyst, Systems Analyst, and/or Business Analyst
- Understand business processes, roles, steps and goals
- Can identify opportunities for process improvement
- Understand organizational culture, structure, and constraints
- Ability to identify and analyze business and technology requirements
- Manage project requirements across functional groups including traceability and changes
- Communicates with stakeholders and can identify their needs
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing
- Understand what the business does (i.e. products, goals, services and competitors)
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA or Confluence
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.