Senior Manager, Trust Services Consulting
The Senior Manager, Trust Services Consulting is a key member of our growing trust organization and is responsible for leading a team of subject matter authorities who educate and collaborate with internal and external partners to identify, develop and close high-value business opportunities and ensure exceptional client and partner experiences that lead to qualified referrals from clients and centers of influence.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Train and mentor team members to work directly with internal and external partners using Schwab’s segmentation strategy to identify, develop and close new trust business and uncover opportunities to assist clients with additional assets
- Facilitate collaboration between team members, internal partners (e.g. Wealth Strategists, Schwab Charitable) and external COIs (e.g. attorneys, CPAs) to develop and deliver presentations to clients, partners, advisors and centers of influence explaining the benefits of using a corporate trustee to achieve tax and estate planning strategies and the trust services Schwab provides
- Lead and collaborate with teammates, partners, advisors, attorneys, and clients to deliver a superior, white-glove experience that leads to qualified referrals from clients and centers of influence (e.g. attorneys and CPAs)
- Supervise the review of trust agreements, court documents, and asset statements to assess acceptability of trust provisions and assets, profitability, and potential for risk in serving as trustee
- Effectively communicate and follow-up with partners, advisors, attorneys and clients
- Supervise coordination with attorneys (local and otherwise) to accomplish judicial and non-judicial processes as needed to ensure that trusts align with Schwab’s requirements and applicable trust law
- Proactively collaborate with internal and external partners to gather relevant information and communicate effectively to resolve issues and influence outcomes
- Align with state and federal banking regulations and internal policies and procedures regarding asset eligibility, OFAC, AML, and Customer Identification Program
- Empower team to actively participate in special projects and initiatives in the spirit of innovation, collaboration, and community
- Build and carry out team engagement action plan that values diversity of talent, reciprocal partnerships, and Schwab’s client-first culture
What you have
- Subject matter expertise in trust principles and practical experience working with personal trusts; experience with trusts governed by Nevada or Delaware law highly preferred
- Proactive business development experience with a track record of achievement or equivalent client-facing legal experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage, develop, cultivate and encourage a high-functioning business development team of subject matter authorities to deliver strong business growth in a constantly evolving environment
- JD with coursework in tax, trusts and estates highly preferred; CTFA plus bachelor’s degree required in lieu of JD with relevant coursework
- Skills for distilling legal information into everyday terms to deliver engaging educational presentations; equally adept at high-level trust conversations with estate planning attorneys
- Highly organized professional with the ability to take ownership, prioritize, balance and complete multiple responsibilities
- Energetic and highly motivated self-starter with problem-solving mentality
- Reciprocal teammate with contagiously positive, outgoing, can-do demeanor
- Availability to travel periodically
Target Total Compensation - 105,300 - 210,500.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.