Do you have an interest in Financial Planning? If so, the Schwab Advice Academy is the program for you!
The Schwab Advice Academy is a 12 -18 month rotational program that prepares you for a role in financial planning and advice within the Investor Advice Solutions organization. With a series of steps that include learning, on-the-job experience, and mentorship, the Advice Academy is designed to position you for success in a dynamic industry.
We are currently accepting applications for our upcoming February and August 2023 Advice Academy classes based in Indianapolis, IN and Phoenix, AZ.
* Relocation assistance may be avaliable for candidates relocating out of state to join the Advice Academy
As a participant in our Academy, your career path towards a role in advice and planning will start with studying for and passing the required securities license exams. You will then receive training to prepare you to deliver outstanding service and assist our clients with trading needs. After your training, you will move into a role within our SPC (Schwab Private Client) Centralized Service Team. In this role, you will be an ambassador of Schwab helping to educate and solve problems by taking inbound calls from retail clients (individual investors) enrolled in the offerings of SPC.
Next, you will receive Wealth Management training and on-the-job learning with the Centralized Planning Team. In this role, you will gain product and industry knowledge while being mentored on the soft skills needed for long-term success in your advice & planning career through live client interactions, coaching, and wealth management training.
Throughout the Academy you will:
- Study and pass FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Learn from our numerous mentors, coaches and leaders that aim to develop you and your career
- Develop consultative skills through a needs-based process to provide helpful and relevant solutions to clients
- Create business development opportunities through outbound or inbound calls, in-branch client events, and by identifying and championing client goals
- Take inbound service/trading interactions (phone, chat, email), serving clients with passion and integrity
- Develop the unique skill of providing world-class service to clients while building market expertise in preparation for building individual client relationships
- Complete classroom, self-study, and web-based learning and development programs
- Be greeted with the collaborative and supportive nature that comes from working in a corporate center environment
- Be rewarded with the trust and rapport you establish with our clients
Investing in Yourself
- Comprehensive training program that includes a mix of instructor taught, web-based, and on the job learning.
- Learn from a variety of team managers, your career mentor, leaders, and coaches that are focused on you and your destination career in financial planning and advice.
- Placement in a planning & advice role, such as an Associate Private Client Advisor, Senior Associate Private Client Advisor or Private Client Advisor, upon your successful completion of our Academy.
What you are good at
- Career aspirations to work in a financial planning & advice capacity
- Drive to perform in a face-to-face or virtual sales environment
- Commitment to see things through the clients’ eyes
- Ability to build relationships with clients and explain complicated subjects
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
What you have
- Completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university
- Completed or enrolled in CFP Board-approved coursework
- Ability to travel occasionally during the program (less than 10% of the year)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.