Financial Consultant Academy
Do you have a desire to build a career in the financial services industry and ultimately become a Financial Consultant? Consider our Schwab Financial Consultant Academy
The Schwab Financial Consultant Academy is an 18 to 24-month rotational program that prepares you for a role as an Associate Financial Consultant or Financial Consultant Partner and, ultimately, for the role of Financial Consultant. With a series of steps that include learning, on-the-job experience, and mentorship, the FC Academy is designed to position you for success in the dynamic industry.
We are currently accepting applications for our upcoming 2021 FC Academy classes.
What you are good at
As a participant in our Academy, your career path towards becoming a Financial Consultant will start as a Financial Services Professional within our CS&S (Client Service & Support) organization. In this role, you will be an ambassador of Schwab helping to educate and solve problems by taking inbound calls from thousands of our retail clients (individual investors). Noteworthy aspects of this role and the support we provide include, non-scripted calls, direct feedback, and coaching. Our goal is for you to bring personality to your calls and invest in your development to achieve client loyalty and satisfaction based on service
Throughout the Academy you will:
- Study and pass FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Work in a service center environment during your initial 18-24 months
- Establish trust and rapport with clients over the phone
- Inbound service/trading interactions (phone, chat, email), and serving clients with passion and integrity
- Classroom, self-study, and web-based learning and development programs
- Business development–outbound or inbound calls, in-branch client events, identifying and championing client goals
- Develop the unique skill of providing world-class service to clients on the phone while building market expertise in preparation for building individual client relationships
- Learn from our numerous mentors, coaches and leaders that aim to develop you and your career
- Develop consultative skills through a needs-based process to provide helpful and relevant solutions to clients
What you have
- Relocation is required upon successful completion of the 18-24 month Academy to a branch as you continue your pursuit of your career ambitions.
- Career aspirations to become a Financial Consultant or Financial Advisor
- A completed Bachelor’s degree prior to your start date in our Academy
- Commitment to see things through the clients’ eyes
- Ability to build relationships with clients and explain complicated subjects
- Drive to perform in a face-to-face sales environment
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
Investing in Yourself
- Comprehensive training program that includes a mix of instructor taught, web-based, and on the job learning.
- Learn from a variety of team managers, your career mentor, leaders, and coaches that are focused on you and your destination career as a Financial Consultant.
- The guarantee of being placed in a branch working as an Associate Financial Consultant or Financial Consultant Partner upon your successful completion of our Academy.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.